Male enhancement products including supplements and devices abound in the market especially on online sites. But not all of these products are manufactured equal in terms of safety, efficacy and value for money so it makes sense to adopt the following strategies in separating the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.
Become an Online Detective
If you are worried about spending money on counterfeit male enhancement products that may have harmful effects on your health, you should become an online detective.
- Read the reviews of the products on online message boards, community forums, and dedicated review sites. Be careful about separating the hype from the truth about these products – it it’s too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Read the tips for detecting counterfeit products on the websites of manufacturers, distributors and retailers selling the original products. In the case of one of the leading male enhancement supplements, these tell-tale signs are discussed for the information of interested buyers.
- Check the claims made by the manufacturer about the product. Again, if it’s too good to be true like longer and larger penis by, say, 3 inches, then it probably is.
Being on the side of cautious can pay off in dividends in terms of getting genuine, safe and effective male enhancement products.
Check Out The Merchant
Aside from the product, check out the merchant, too. Think of it this way: The merchant may be selling the real McCoy but his selling practices may not be reliable, much less legal. Many issues ranging from non-delivery of the items even after payment to non-returnable defective items can crop up with such unreliable merchants.
Tip: Look for the merchant’s contact information. You should be able to get in touch with the company via various channels including emails, telephone via toll-free numbers, and a physical address.
You may also try to contact the company even before ordering and paying for the products just to be on the safe side.
Look For Security Features
Most reliable manufacturers of safe and effective male enhancement products like VigRX will include security features as a protection measure for their customers.
These security features are usually difficult to replicate or require entering verification codes into a website, which can then be compared with the information on genuine products on its database.
For example, VigRX labels have verification codes that can be entered into the appropriate box at the manufacturer’s official website. When the verification code is accepted, then the product is indeed genuine. You can check if the product is genuine here
Examine The Product in Person
If possible, order a small batch that will not drain your wallet just to examine the product up close; this is possible with male enhancement supplements. Better yet, ask a friend who bought the product and then ask for a single tablet and/or check the bottle for your closer study regardless of his positive reviews about it.
In the case of VigRX, the manufacturer gives the following as the most common signs of a counterfeited product:
- White powder since genuine VigRX tablet looks like pepper;
- Absence of the Leading Edge Health barcode; and
- Lower prices than advertised on the official website unless the products are being offered at a discount by the manufacturer
Tip: Look for spelling and grammar errors because these are usually the signs of poor reproductions or poor quality products. Look for colors that do not match the advertised colors on the bottle based on the advertisements.
Beware Of Very Low Prices
When a company charges substantially less price for a male enhancement product than the manufacturer and other retailers, be aware that this is indeed a red flag. Why sell an otherwise genuine product at an apparent loss unless it is a fake product in the first place?
In the case of the VigRX, the typical price for a 1-month supply is $76.99 while a 2-month supply is at $143.99 – reasonable prices considering the positive benefits that come with regular and proper use.
Ultimately, your vigilance as a consumer can mean the difference between buying a genuine, safe and effective male enhancement product like VigRx and falling for a scam.